Blog 4 - Education: My Experience

Hi reader. How are you? :)
Today I'm gonna tell you about my experiencie in university education. 

When I finished high school I started to studying laws at the Universidad de Talca. At there, I had classmates of every social class, but it was notorius when someone went to a better high school, because they always knew more about history or got a good score in maths PSU, even when they said that it was a bad test for them. They had better skills too, like speak in public or make questions in class, even when they were not good students. It was sad to see my other classmates, the not privileged ones that went to a not good school, put all their effort and study so hard, but never reach out the others. It seems like their destiny was already written. 

I left the laws studies in 4th grade (because I hated it hehe) and then start Psycology Studies at the Universidad de Chile, like I always wanted. Here, I think beacuse of the experiencie, I feel less disadvantaged, but when I see my not privileged classmates that are studying their first career, the story is the same, the try so hard and study a lot, but never reach out the privileged ones. I see that now is more posible to enter university because of the inclusion programs they have, but education in school has not changed so, they can enter, but continue is so very hard. 

It is so unfair that your education depends of how many money you have or where you born. Education is a right and it has to be equal for eveyone. And as high schools are treated like business that give a service, it will never be a right and continues being a privilege for a few. 




Comentarios

  1. i am according with you, i think that all need a good based educational. I also look the differences in the know of my classmates in comparison with me, is difficult, also demotivation:( but I will not give up!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi there! I totally agree with you, the base that you have, when you enter college, depends on which type of school you came from. And that happens because the educational system is just another business to the government. We all deserve a quality education.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello!
    I agree with you. The university is a very unequal world and the authorities, or those in charge, are not at all responsible for redressing these inequalities. I think there should be more programmes to help bridge those differences.
    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Valentina! I am glad that you are finally studying what you like and I share your final reflection. Education is not for sale, it is defended!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello, I think that college and teachers also have an important task to include in the same manner all the students. Personally, I think that the college can create a more equal education but in many cases it is failing. There are teachers who don't have the motivation to help when there are students who have some kind of problem. But in regards of what you write, I agree a lot.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I think the same, it is very sad to go to university and realize a reality that sometimes you ignore because you do not have to live it, but there is a lot of injustice in education

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog 3 - Religion: Is it important to me?

First blog - Politics: Why do I think voting is important?