First blog - Politics: Why do I think voting is important?

Hi, everyone. In this, my first blog, I will try to answer why do I think voting is important?

Let's start saying that, in a democracy, vote is the tool that all of us have to decide about our future in so many areas, like education, health, international politics, retirement system, human rights, public politics and a lot of other very important topics that concern us like citizens and human beings. 

Through vote we can have a voice in the redaction of the laws that govern us, but that is posible when we vote consciusly, knowing the candidate that have our vote, her/his approach and values, so we can make a correct election according to our own concerns.

When we vote, we are saying what our country wants and needs for its people, where we want to go and what we want to avoid. A situation like the 2018 elections, when Sebastian Piñera was elected as president (who was always rejected, even in the begining of his administration) is possible when people is not voting. I think that even when we don't like neither candidate, we have to vote, because 60% of blank and invalid votes (percentage of people that dindn't vote in that election) is more representative of the reality of the country and what its citizens think, than simply don't vote. 

Today, our country is in a very diferent context, people woke up and the desinterest and disenchantment with politics were replaced with participate desire, what was saw in the past elections for a new Constitution, when the percentage of voters was really massive.

I think the politic future of our country is brighter than ever, but that depends of keep our participation desire and still want to make Chile a better place. 

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog 3 - Religion: Is it important to me?

Blog 4 - Education: My Experience