Blog 3 - Religion: Is it important to me?
Hi everybody, how are you doing? I'm writing this blog at 5 a.m. I'm a night bird 馃惁馃拃
Today I would like to write about religion and tell you if it is important to me.
I will start saying: no. Religion is not important for me. Basically because I don't believe in any god nor do I have any beliefs, call it god(s), creator, saints, energies, karma, zodiac, reincarnation, etc; I don't even believe that there is something after death. Maybe you are wondering why, every person that I met believe in something, maybe not God, but at leats SOMETHING, they say that some creator, someone or an energy has to exist. But not me. I really don't believe in any of those things.
First I can say about it is that I'm very rational since always (maybe too much), even when I was a girl. So you will understand that just believe in something, just because you feel it, don't make sense for me. But I respect if you believe in something, the ones that I mentioned or other. Maybe I don't understand it, but also I think that we don't need to understand everything ☺
Secondly, if you see history, religion have been maybe the most harmful and destroyer creation of all times. There were so many battles, destruction and death because of it. People were hunted, women were murdered accused of witchcraft, indigenous people were looted and force to change their lifes, all of that because of religion. So, knowing all that, I can't believe or trust an institution like that, less if we consider that today relgion continues discriminating women and homosexual people just because of who they are, and even less considering that still there are battles fought with the excuse of religion, as in Palestine.
So, dear reader, back to beliefs, if you believe in something and it has an important place in your life, maybe you are wondering HOW CAN I LIVE?! I mean, all these stuff sound very hopeless and lonely. But no, I do believe in something, and that is the human capacity. I believe in the power of our brain to create beautiful things and think marvelous ideas, I believe in the constant improve of our minds, bodies and life, in that we can be better everyday in all aspects. I believe in the personal truth of every person and people, in empathy, compation and the power and necesity of colectivity. And for believe in all of that I don't need a god or a religion, I just need to be conscient of who I am and where I wanna go, and try everyday to live this life, my only life, the better as it's possible.

I agree with you, I think pretty much the same way, I am also rational for my stuff. But I won't lie to you that Pastafarianism makes me question a bit that I don't believe in something higher or in a particular religion jajaja.
ResponderEliminarI really enjoyed reading this, I think we have very similar perspectives. I guess the only thing i truly believe is in the good things we can do during our time alive.
ResponderEliminarYour arguments are very valid, I like your expression, I also like your point of view, it is important to know who we are.
ResponderEliminarWow! what an interesting point of view... to tell you the truth, I don't believe in anything either, but I would like to believe. Instead, you are happy being like that... how brave!
ResponderEliminarI really share your thinking that in the name of religion a terrible number of lives have been taken. thats the dark side of faith jejej
ResponderEliminarI believe the same about religions, on the one hand, they can sometimes help to improve people, but historically they have caused a lot of suffering
ResponderEliminar